Albany/Berkeley’s Green Car Repair
Continental Auto Body is a Green body shop
Continental Auto Body is a green shop, using the latest products and processes to care for the environment as we care for your car. We use PPG water-based paints, which are non-toxic yet hold up well to weather and normal wear.
We understand the importance of protecting the environment and takes many steps to ensure that all requirements are met or exceeded.
• Registered EPA number.
• Recycle solvent, paint waste and antifreeze through Safety-Kleen, and EPA approved recycler.
• Recycled solvents used to clean equipment and to reduce waste.
• Recycle Freon.
• Evacuation of the vehicles a/c system when we are going to be working around it, or going to remove it before work is started to prevent any possible escape of Freon into the environment.
• HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) spray guns are used on all refinishing procedures – less VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) produced – less material used = less waste, and they produce a higher quality product than the old pot styled guns.
• EPA approved exhaust filters.